Photo credit : Darren Calabrese / COC
WINNIPEG (November 23, 2023) – Play begins tomorrow at the National Team Selection Event and the Manitoba Open at the University of Winnipeg Duckworth Centre. The tournament, which is being hosted by the Manitoba Racquetball Association runs November 24 and 25th
This is the first selection event of the 2023/2024 season for high performance athletes from across Canada who are competing for national and international team placement.
- Fall National Team Selection Event
- 39 competitors from Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario and Québec; including those playing at the elite level as well as players who are playing in the competition for life context
- Most of Canada’s national team and top ranked athletes, including Santiago 2023 Pan Am Games team members Coby Iwaasa, Frédérique Lambert, Michèle Morissette and Samuel Murray. Iwaasa and Murray won silver in two events at the Games. Murray and Lambert are also reigning national open singles champions.
- the tournament is open to spectators free of charge
- November 24 & 25, 2023
- Open competition begins at 11:45 (Central) on Friday, November 24 with the Women’s Open final scheduled for Saturday, November 25 at 15:30 and the Men’s Open final at 17:00.
- University of Winnipeg Duckworth Centre, 400 Spence Street, Winnipeg Manitoba
- to select national elite and development teams and teams for international competition and to provide a safe, enjoyable competitive opportunity for players at all levels
Racquetball Canada appreciates the support of the Manitoba Racquetball Association and its generous sponsors in hosting this event. The organization has hosted many national events over the years and their support and hospitality is appreciated.
Draws and results: https://bit.ly/47tK5k4